We are all longing to go home to some place
we have never been—a place half-remembered and half-envisioned
we can only catch glimpses of from time to time.
Somewhere, there are people to whom we can speak with passion
without having the words catch in our throats.
Somewhere a circle of hands
will open to receive us, eyes will light up as we enter,
voices will celebrate with us whenever we come into our own power.
Community means strength
that joins our strength to do the work that needs to be done.
Arms to hold us when we falter.
A circle of healing.
A circle of friends.
Someplace where we can be free.
The Capital District Recovery Center has access to many qualified, carefully vetted, inspirational and informative speakers on a number of issues relating to addiction and recovery. Interested community groups, churches, schools,work places and other groups can avail themselves of these speakers— free of charge—by calling the CDRC and asking to be connected to the Speakers Bureau coordinator, Lawrence Zimmerman. We will attempt to match a qualified speaker with the needs of each particular group.Speakers can be available on a variety of topics such as:
- Addiction is a disease that is progressive and, if left untreated, can be fatal.
- Getting sober and staying sober
- Couples in Recovery
- Spiritual aspects of recovery
- Simple steps to help you stay straight and sober
- Addiction affects not just the addict but also his or her family, workplace and community.
- How addiction affects brain chemistry.
- Recognizing and dealing with depression.
- Important steps in suicide prevention.
- Seniors in recovery.
If your group has a particular topic you would like to hear about, please contact the Speakers Bureau Coordinator at the CDRC and we will attempt to meet the needs of your group.
LIVING SOBER IN A SOBER COMMUNITY
- A welcoming environment
- CDRC is the only recovery meeting center in the Capital Region that supports people to maintain an addiction free lifestyle. With meeting rooms of various sizes, CDRC provides a safe and supportive environment devoted too addiction recovery activities.
- Space for all types of 12 step and recovery focused meetings.
- Space for recovery workshops and trainings.
- Office space for wellness and recovery services.
CDRC Board of Directors:
Barry Levine, President
Jihad El-Amin, Vice President
Tom O’Toole Treasurer
William Tuthill, Secretary
Scott Levine, Director
Rich Dubin, Director
Davetta Thacher, Director
Andrew M. Feeney, Director
Libby Coreno, Esq.
CDRC serves as the first one of its kind recovery center serving the Capital Region of New York State to assist people in maintaining addiction free lifestyles.