Recovery Coach Academy FOR ADDICTION RECOVERY
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support people who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, asking good questions, and discovering and managing their own stuff. CCAR Recovery Coach Academy participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore the many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
30 hours of instruction and exercises. taught over 5 consecutive Saturdays
Class Schedule: 10:00 – 4:30pm Saturday 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16
Location: Capital District Recovery Center, 45 Colvin Ave. Albany. NY 12206
Registration Deadline: Thursday 10/3/2019.
Must have a minimum of 8 students by the deadline. if there are fewer than 8 students the class will be cancelled and your payment returned.
Student manuals will be distributed during the first class session.
Instructor Bill Riedy
Under New Management Life Coaching
Fee: $300 Make check payable to: Under New Management Life Coaching. Mail payment to: PO Box 194, Delmar, NY 12054