Virtual “Room” Meetings by phone or ZOOM
- Local HA Meetings (CLICK HERE)
- In the Room Meetings (CLICK HERE)
- Local AA Meetings (CLICK HERE)
- Local NA Meetings (CLICK HERE)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Federal hotline offering referrals to local treatment and support services.
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings worldwide for people struggling with drugs. Directory of online meetings, using Zoom, Skype and other platforms.
- SMART Recovery Abstinence-based international organization that uses a cognitive behavioral therapy tool kit. Has a directory of online meetings.
- AA-Alcoholics Anonymous The worldwide 12-step abstinence program has extensive online resources.
- Recovery Dharma This organization uses Buddhist practices and principles to support individuals in recovery. Directory of daily online meditations and meetings.
- Women for Sobriety Dedicated to helping women recover from substance use disorders, with online gatherings.
- LifeRing Organization focusing on practical, secular support, with online meetings.
- Cocaine Anonymous Online International group offering online support through email and voice-only conference calls.
- In the Rooms Clearinghouse of 30 online meetings offering supports with a variety of approaches to different substance use disorders.
There are many free apps available. Here are just a few:
- Connections Evidence-based, multipurpose app to help track sobriety and connect with supportive peers and Addiction Policy Forum counselors.
- I Am Sober Popular, well-regarded app for planning and maintaining recovery.
- SoberGrid Large online sober-support community and peer counseling.
For Those Who Support People in Recovery
- Nar-Anon Global support network for those affected by someone else’s addiction. Live chat and forum available.
- Al-Anon Using a 12-step focus, this organization offers online and phone meetings for those whose friends and relatives struggle with alcohol use disorder, among other substances.
- Families Anonymous Offers online 12-step meetings for family and friends with a loved one struggling with drugs, alcohol and related behavioral problems.
- SMART Recovery Friends and Family This secular, cognitive behavioral-based program offers online meetings for families and friends of someone recovering from substance abuse.
- AA Grapevine (FREE)
- Sober Nation
- CDC: Coronavirus FAQ
- CDC: What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)Live Updates from the Governor
Albany Department of Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line
8:00 am – 5:00 pm